Thursday, June 5, 2008

Eye of the Storm

This week officially counts as week two of the FAA Playoffs in OKC. We've had our heads crammed chock full of aviation goodness, with topics like aircraft separation standards, airport markings and radar/tower positions being covered. Right now, to unwind, I'm watching the 20th anniversary of the Lakers/Celtics matchup. Unwind? Why do I need to unwind? Maybe because:

-We had our first block test yesterday, in which I scored an 86%...........passing is 90%.

-Tornado season is really starting to crank up, with our instructors giving us advice about how to handle severe tornado situations (just hop in the bathtub!)

-I had an official Oklahoma welcome, when a mid-60's hilbilly asked me if I knew where he "could score some rock".

-I was propositioned at the Dollar General by a prostitute. (I'm more of a Sonic parking lot kinda dude)

-I swear I saw DJ and his girl from Hustle and Flow at the gas station.

-People at the Academy apologize profusely when I tell them I've been assigned to Cedar Rapids. Like I just told them I had ball cancer or something.

-No seriously...............Cedar F*cking Rapids? Every other kid in my class is going someplace cool. 3 going to Hawaii, a bunch going to Florida, the brothers I'm cool with going to Cali.

-My FAA housing is infamous, and is known as the worst corporate lodging in OKC. Meridian Mansions aka "the Hood". I don't know why they're upset, I mean, what's wrong with crunching on pillbug carcasses when you step into your bathroom (with the non working toilet, my "property manager" suggested I pull the stem in the tank). The shower has two working faucets "scalding" and "ice water" (depending on what the tenant upstairs is doing).

-Pillbugs aren't so bad...it's the Boll Weevils that'll get you......

-It's not the heat...its the dust.

I need to finish my Bud so I can forget today happened.....

3 comments:

M.C. said...

Awwwww....poor B! *rubs lightly on his shoulder without trying to commit sexual harassment*

Damn 90%? They are cracking the whip for real!

Score some rock??? I mean what is this 1985? And why did he think you would know...

The Dollar General proposition...LMAOOOO! That is just too funny for words.

You're probably tired of hearing this, but I'm sorry you have to go to Cedar Rapids.

"-Pillbugs aren't so bad...it's the Boll Weevils that'll get you......"
What the hell are Pillbugs and Boll Weevils? Ooh, I don't do bugs at all. I was once trapped in my bedroom when I was living in MI because a waterbug/roach looking bug with wings was asleep in the hallway. I finally killed it with my cold cream, but I had hives on my hands because my nerves couldn't take it, good luck with the Boll Weevils.

ulrika said...

ohh poor baby you are gonna make me cry ...

and a tear falls

B said...

HAHAHA! Welcome to the Midwest! Enjoy your stay. lol