Saturday, June 28, 2008

All Hail B-Dubs!!!









Buffalo Effing Wild Wings...






That's my new spot down here y'all. I'm for real, I've gone three times this week, and this was after my 3pm to midnight shift/class.




The first time we went, it was after that cage fight, it was karaoke night, and after my 4th Guinness, I went Simon Cowell on mofos in there and the boys thought it was hilarious. Well after the YardDawgs's game, we all went again....and guess what night it was.




Karae-effing-oke




It's wild, because down here they take it seriously at Buffalo Wild Wings. The words come up on an 80 inch screen, and these Okie chicks really get into it. Trouble is, no one is giving these folks props for stepping onto the mic to destroy their favortie country/pop hits. That's where I come in...




The first "contestant" was your typical Okie chick (think Dixie Chicks mixed with LeAnn Rimes mixed with the year 2002). This girl killed me, because she was doin Keesha Cole and was taking pulls off a Newport in one hand while she belted the song out with the mic in the other. And all her friends were stone silent. So the lone black guy in the back of the joint, stands up out his seat and gave her props..




"Yeah baby, sing that sh*t!"




At this point, her trucker hat, John Deere t-shirt wearing buddies turn around and look at us half in amusement and half in "wait, is he making fun of us?"




"Yo, make me feeeeel that sh*t!" Make me feeeeeel it!!!"




My boys and I are DYING at this point, because the Okie chick hears us, and is trying NOT to screw the song up because of laughing at us.




From then on, as it is now....I'm the B Dub'd Karaoke guy, performing my self-appointed duty of encouraging drunk singers to do their best......dammit.




Weird stuff I've seen recently:




-A guy driving down Reno Blvd with no front grill.......and no HOOD for that matter. Engine was just laying there naked.




-The 50 year old woman who had the 28 year old booty and a silly putty face. I never seen the aftermath of bad plastic surgery before, but lemme tell you, it's effing scary. She made Joan Rivers look like an 18 yr old prom queen. Even worse was the guy handcuffing her in the frozen food section at Walmart. Hey he had to protect his investment...right?




-Arena League....need I say more?




-I don't fit in down here, because I won't rock a do-rag and wifebeater to the Cheesecake Factory.


-Walmart down here has its own zip code


-French Canadians got mad game yo


and that's it for now. Studying for my comprehensive on Wednesday (afterwhich I'll graduate from Air Traffic Basics and start my tower training).


Oh, here's a pic from the game...




1 comment:

M.C. said...

You B-Dubs star you!

Ha ha ha@"make me feel that sh*t!"

Silly putty face??? OMG, that is effing scary!

Hey, don't hate on Arena Football - GO RUSH!