Tuesday, May 27, 2008

As The Final Buzzer...

Sounds on my last season here in the state of MD, I realize at 11:06PM that I'm not gonna be here anymore. It's a very bittersweet feeling you know? The folks at Spacely Sprockets threw me a little happy hour shindig for me. It's weird how you go in to work, for years, around the same people, and think they don't care, when in reality, they do. People I never knew by name came out to say goodbye (oh and get blasted).

But I'm leaving. And I won't be back....for a WHILE.

We came to MD from Memphis back in spring of 85' (my dad left us in November of that year, and I remember that incident vividly), and it was a huge thing for me. New friends, new school, new adjustment to pops not being there anymore. It seemed like that was the story of my life.

Change and adapt, survive and advance.

People still didn't really understand what I was leaving for...

"So your going to pilot school?"

"Are you gonna be the guy with the orange sticks and headphones?"

"So you're flying to Nebraska?"

I've been able to simplify the concept down to "I'll be the guy in the tower".


At any rate, I'm ready. I closed up shop at Fox Run (the best apt. complex in Germantown) and I'm leaving the Death Star (Jetta) behind.

I'll give y'all an update and pics when I land at Will Rogers....

1 comment:

M.C. said...

Wow, even I feel a tinge of sadness for you! But I know exactly how you feel. I certainly have taken the plunge a few times and moved away from home, only to return a year or two later. One day maybe I will set up shop permanently somewhere else who knows, but I am sure you will make your mark on the Midwest just as you did in MD. Little B Teezy is all grown up now. Better keep me posted.