Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 Hours Later....


Actually it was more like 5 and 5 hours later. I left good ol' CR around 3pm and arrived in Kansas City close to 8pm, pretty good timing.


Didn't get to do much in KaceyMo, but I did hit up an airport bar (I crashed at Extended Stay near KCI) called "The Final Approach". Alcohol and Aviation...you know it's probably owned by an ex-pilot or something.


While at the bar, I'm downing a Boulevard (Midwestern wheat beer), when I hear the dude next to me mention being a pilot for Continental. I tell him about my gig and he tells me what controllers do to piss them off, and I give the tower side of the story. There was another pilot there who could relate to all the silly stuff those VFR clowns do, it was cool to hear what they had to say tho...


At 6AM I'm up (can't sleep on a cardboard bed with a sheet on it), and I try to get some hood tunes in on the Jetta and my ghetto sound system (tape adapter) refuses to work. So yours truly endured 5 long hours of Kansas scenery and silence/static..and LIVED. I'm the self-proclaimed Kansas Turnpike Champion.


I like my spot here in OKC, waaaaaay better than the one I had last year (Meridian Mansions aka Roach Motel). I'll keep y'all informed.

1 comment:

Jill said...

How did I miss that you certified on local....grrr CONGRATS!!!!